Jun 2, 2008

Dadprenuers! Part 2- The Joy of being Home!

This post may and may not be a little off from my norm, but I just wanted to share in my joys of being a stay-at-home DAD! I've been out of...well what do I call it? Now a days I hate to call i work, but...work for just about a year now. I was laid off from my previous employment and never looked back.

My days now consist of waking up to a 2 year old who has a personality all his own.
I have and still am trying my hand at self-employment. For the most part it is interesting, but just not doing anything productive yet, besides keeping me from losing my mind. Everyday I sit in front my computer designing and creating cards and thinking of ways to get my cards further then my bedroom.

Well anyway, as the title says the joy of staying home, is that of being able to be by my child's side every moment of the day. I actually see his development and growth. I see as he learns different concepts and processes everyday. I am never more amazed then I am with him.

Growing up I always heard, "A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste!"
but I think it should be more like, 'A Child is a Terrible Thing to Waste!!'
because children for one are the future and just look at what they do (laughs):













Got to love the kids! (smiles)

4 comments:

theetsybebe said...

He's a cutie! He looks adorable, with his little leg propped up, taking a nap.

Melissa said...

What a cutie. :)

Ink with Heather said...

your blog is wonderful lamar, and thanks for your opinions on my sympathy card and your comment you left, see you in chat soon :)

Anonymous said...

It's so sad how little time most men have to spend with their children. Your little guy must love having you around!