Nov 2, 2009

Formal Black & White Wedding Invite (first smpl)

This, my first of many to come, Wedding Invitation is 5x7" It starts out on black card stock. I think I did that because I wanted the card to have life... The white just seemed so plain, so I added black. I then went out and found this wonderful floral print that had groves in the image. I loved it and knew it was gonna look wonderful.

I then took my second most favorite thing to put on a card - RIBBON. I used a white grosgrain ribbon which was about 1" wide. I wrapped it around the length of the card then covered it with my pop-up affect. I say pop-up because its raised off the surface of the card a good 1/4" and no matter how much you push it pops right back up.


To finish it off I ordered these great handmade flowers from Meg of fortymeg.
The flowers were black and off white with clear rhinestones...
This was a great adventure, because the design process is the hard part, especially when you dont want to look like everyone else in town. Anyway, thanks for stopping by and home you have a smashing weekend.....

No comments: